What is Hemp Rope and How is it Made?
Discover the benefits of hemp rope and where you can but it
Innovation & Quality
Developing and supplying premium-quality, sustainably grown, consumer products
Organically Grown and Ethically Sourced
hemp and other natural fiber products
We offer fast shipping
Your order out within 1-3 days
Visit our wholesale portal to register or login to your account
Table of Contents:
What is Hemp Rope and How it is Made?
Hemp Rope History
What is it Used For?
Strength, Dimensions and Length
Hemp Rope Advantages
Silk Rope vs. Hemp Rope
Jute Rope vs. Hemp Rope
Synthetic vs. Hemp Rope
Buy Best Hemp Ropes Online
Buy Hemp Rope Online: Wholesale & Retail Orders at Hemptique
WHAT exactly IS HEMP ROPE & HOW IS IT MADE?
some brief HISTORY
Watch this fascinating video on the traditional process of hemp rope making. Turn your subtitles on if you don't speak Spanish.
STRENGTH, DIMENSIONS & LENGTH
SILK ROPE VS. HEMP ROPE
Ropes made from silk tend to be stronger than those made from hemp. Many factors impact the strength of a hemp rope, including the manufacturing method, how many strands are used, and how thick the string is. Silk is usually twice as strong as a hemp rope of similar size. However, both materials have strong points and weak points. Silk rope is susceptible to abrasion, one of its main weaknesses. In addition to losing strength over time, silk rope degrades faster than many other materials.
JUTE ROPE VS. HEMP ROPe
SYNTHETIC ROPE VS. HEMP ROPE
- Synthetic hemp rope is rot-resistant
- Natural hemp rope is environmentally friendly
- Rope made from synthetic materials is fully weather-resistant
TODAY's use of hemp rope
Industries that use hemp ropes today include those in the fishing industry and in the logging industry. Hemp ropes are also used by people who enjoy climbing mountains and rock climbing because they are durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Home interior design: Rope is a great option for those who like to decorate their homes but without spending too much on expensive items. Wall hangings, rugs, and hemp frames are just some home decoration ideas where you can try ropes made of hemp fiber.
- Macrame projects: Macrame is an art form that has a rich history. Macrame ropes are decorative cords used to create patterns and designs in many different crafts.
- Jewelry: Believe it or not, making a bracelet out of hemp rope is possible. Cut two pieces of hemp about 5 feet long. Fold them in half, matching up the ends. Then knot them. Using an overhand hemp rope knot, you will begin the bracelet.
- Marine application: Hemp rope can be used to make anchor rods, sailing ropes, and anchor lines
- Pet toys: Pets tend to tear clothes, sleepers, and shoes if they do not find a pet toy. Therefore, you should give your pet a toy. Giving a hemp rope to play with is easy to make your four-leg buddy "busy."
- Climbing and sports: Using hemp rope in climbing is quite common.
- Gym equipment: Hemp ropes are a good investment if you do not want to spend much on gym equipment. They will serve the same purpose. They are also widely used by athletes and the military for training.
HEMP ROPE D´ECOR
HEMP TUG & PULL DOG TOY
- Budget-friendly: Hemp-based ropes aren't as expensive as ropes made from other materials, especially synthetic ones.
- Durability: The natural properties of hemp make ropes durable and resistant to weather conditions. It can be used for years without deterioration.
- Eco-friendly: Hemp ropes are made from natural hemp fiber. Hemp cannot harm the environment due to its manufacturing or decomposition. Hemp harvesting in a responsible manner contributes to a healthy environment.
- High tensile strength: The tensile strength refers to the maximum weight a material can withstand. Essentially, it describes a rope's performance. A hemp rope's tensile strength is extremely high. In addition to climbing and shipping, hemp is also used for weight loading.
- Mold resistant: Hemp ropes are mold-resistant because of hemp's anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
- Resistant to chemicals: Many natural fibers are very vulnerable to chemicals. Despite its untouched nature, hemp rope can withstand most chemicals.
- UV resistant: Generally, the UV rays weaken ropes, but hemp ropes don't suffer the same fate. They are resistant to UV rays, thanks to their natural qualities. Because they are not affected by UV rays, they don't fade.
BEST BRAIDED AND TWISTED HEMP ROPES FOR craft & DIY
"I love the consistent quality of Hemptique cord. This rainbow color is really pretty! Since this is a variegated spool, this cord has multiple colors running throughout the one cord. The ten pound size works out well because it is thin enough to easily go through many different sizes of beads. I find this cord nice and strong too-not at all flimsy" - Janet (verified buyer)
"I always choose Hemptique for all my plant-based crafting supplies! They ship fast and always have the best quality around!" - Jamie F. (verified buyer)
"I'm so happy I chose to carry Hemptique's collection of Hemp Cords in my store. My customers love all the colors, and I must admit, I do too!" - David (verified buyer)