DIY Adjustable Friendship Bracelet with Alphabet Beads
Hemptique’s “Peace” Bracelet Design
Made with Hemptique’s #20 100% Hemp Cord
This fun tutorial will teach you how to make your own adjustable friendship bracelet using alphabet beads to create a personalized message! This macramé bracelet is made with square knots and a slip knot that makes it easier to take on and off. We created this project with our Metallic Hemp Cord. Our twine is made with 100% hemp, which is a natural eco-friendly alternative to synthetic products. Add a touch of Mother Nature with this hemp bracelet!
Metallic Hemp Cord #20
- We are using the color Cotton Candy
- Letter Beads
- Our letters spell the word “peace”
- You can use letters to spell any word. Some examples are: love, courage, hope, peace, and strength.
- Measure and cut two cords 60 inches long.
- Fold both cords in half and form a loop by tying and overhand knot.
- Tie approximately 1.5 inches of square knots. (This length can be adjusted based on the size of your wrist if needed.)
- Slide the letter beads onto the two middle cords.
- Secure the beads into place by tying a square knot around each letter.
- Tie another 1.5 inches of square knots after the last bead.
- This section should match the first section of square knots.
- Create an adjustable closure by tying a slip knot
- A slip knot is created by pulling the ends through the loop we created at the start. Pull until a new loop is formed. Stick the ends through this new loop and then pull them toward the middle of the bracelet.
- Trim the remaining ends to the desired length.
- Note: We like to tie the remaining ends with small overhand knots to give texture and prevent any potential fraying from wear.
Your new hemp bracelet is now complete! You can easily slid this bracelet on and off your wrist.
Happy Crafting from Hemptique!