Small Macramé Wall Hanging Tutorial
Small Macramé Wall Hanging
Hemptique’s Macramé Wall Hanging Design
Made with Hemptique’s Royal Corderié Cotton Rope
Who else loves making their own home décor? There is just something extra special about decorating your home with items you made with your own hands! This beautiful macramé wall hanging is the perfect craft to make for any space, and is created with all beginner knots for crafters of all skill levels. What makes it extra special is that it is made with 100% recycled cotton.
Royal Corderié Cotton Rope
- We are using 6mm Single Twist in Light Pink
- A small dowel rod, or stick of choice
- Measure 7 ropes 6 feet long.
- Measure 12 ropes 8 inches long.
- Fold each 6 foot long rope in half and attach them to the dowel rod with a lark’s head knot.
- Find the two ropes in the middle. Point the middle left cord diagonal to the left and tie 6 double half hitch knots around it.
- Point the middle right cord diagonal to the right and tie 6 double half hitch knots around it.
- You are making an upside down “v” to form the top half of a diamond shape.
- Take the 4 cords in the middle and tie one square knot.
- Move down a row and tie 2 square knots directly in the middle, using 4 ropes for each knot.
- Move down another row and tie one square knot using the 4 ropes in the middle.
- Take the rope on the far left and point it diagonal and to the right. Tie 6 double half hitch knots around this.
- Take the rope on the far right and point it diagonal and to the left. Tie 7 double half hitch knots around this.
- This will complete the diamond shape.
- Make another diamond pattern as before, below the first diamond.
- We left this diamond blank, but you can add square knots again if you want.
- Take the 12 shorter ropes and attach them to the outer ropes with a lark’s head knot. You should have 6 ropes on the left, and 6 ropes on the right.
- Trim the ends as needed.
Your macramé wall hanging is now complete! The very last step is to hang it up and enjoy your work.
Happy Crafting from the Hemptique Team!