DIY Macrame Snowflake Tutorial
Hemptique’s Winter Snowflake Design
Made with Hemptique’s Recycled Cotton Craft Cord
The temperatures are starting to fall, which means it’s the perfect time for some winter crafting! This macramé snowflake will make a great addition to your home décor this season. You can turn this into a wall hanging, use it as table top décor, or even make it into a holiday ornament. We created this snowflake with our Royal Corderié Crafting Cord & Rope, which is made from 100% recycled cotton.
- Royal Corderié Crafting Cord
- We used the color Cream and Gold
- A ring of your choice
- We used a wooden ring measured at 2.4 inches in diameter
- Cut 14 cords each 30 inches long.
- Fold each cord evenly in half and attach them to the ring with a reverse lark’s head knot.
- Working your way around the ring, tie 7 square knots.
- Moving around the ring, create a 2nd row of 7 alternating square knots. Leave a little space between the rows of square knots.
- Make one more row of 7 alternating square knots around the ring. Leave a little space between the rows of square knots.
- Cut each strand so that they are about 1 - 1.5 inches long. Leave the ends as is, or you can brush them out to create some fringe. Trim any ends as necessary.
- To make this into an ornament, add a piece of hemp string to one of the square knots.
Your snowflake is now complete! Happy crafting from Hemptique!