HEMP + RHINESTONE
This project is so fun & simple. The results look so glitzy! This bracelet consists of only two knots: an overhand knot and square knot. It’s a simple project, even if this is your first bracelet!
Supplies you will need:
- Hemp Cord #20 Link to Powder Pink #20
- We used the color Powder Pink for this one!
- Rhinestone Chain Trim we used this one from Hobby Lobby
- Tape or Binder Clip
- Super Glue optional for Closures
- Cut the cords to the correct length (This is for a 7in wrist size)
- 5ft long working cord
- 18in Long base cord
- Cut the rhinestones to the correct length
- I wanted to leave an inch of regular square knots on each side, so I cut the chain trim to 5 inches long.
- Fold the base cord and working cord in half & tie in an overhand knot
- Secure with tape or binder clip
- Begin creating square knots
- If you are unsure how to make square knots, watch this quick video!
- Click Here!
- I just continued making them until I had enough to equal an inch.
- For me, this was 8 square knots, but this can vary with how tightly you tie your knots.
- Once you have reached 1 inch of square knots without you can incorporate the rhinestone chain into the bracelet
- Simply tie a square knot but don’t tighten all the way.
- Lay the chain over the base cord and then with the top rhinestone on the chain, place it inside of the square knot
- This can be the tricky step. To secure the chain to the base cord, I cut a little extra slice of cord and use it to loosely tie the chain and cord to each other so they wouldn’t slip around.
- Continue incorporating the chain trim into the bracelet.
- Once you get to the end, continue the square knots until you have reached your desired length.
- Lastly, you will want to finish off your work
- You can tie an overhand knot and use that to loop into the top of the other overhand knot
- Or you can trim off the excess of the top working cord and bottom working cord. Using super glue to close off the knots. Then you have the base cords that the bracelet is able to slide up and down on.